Sunday, October 08, 2006

Scorsese says Whitey is dead

Went to a 9:45pm showing of "The Departed" tonight with the Gang of 100. Scorsese nailed this one. No joke. Everything, from the brilliant use of music, the camera work, and the acting, to the adaptation of the original Chinese screenplay and the complexity of the characters was impeccable. While I know this film was adapted from the Asian hit flick, it was eerily reminiscent of the Whitey Bulger story....hmmmm....Beantown boys Matt Damon and Mark Wahlberg had the best Boston accents, although Leonardo DiCaprio's was pretty impressive. All three men looked great. Leo was fabulous. Go see it.

I left the theater, still shaken up and desperately wanting a cup of steaming herbal tea to soothe the nerves and slow down the heart rate. Then I couldn't find my car. Figures. So, tea-less and car-less, I walked the streets with a Gang of 100 guy, since I had made a deal to drive him home if he walked me to my car. Finally found it, drove him home, got home and found brownies that my roommate had made earlier today. Nice. Still no tea but brownies will suffice.

Of course, I'm now exhausted. Too many late nights this week -- including last night, which happened to be my very first Washington DC date, as well as my very first post-breakup date. We did the jazz club and dance club thing all in one night. Not bad, eh?

And, yes, I've changed the look of the blog. Was getting tired of the old one and really wanted to play around with the beta blogger.

Okay, I resolve to be highly productive tomorrow.

No comments: