Monday, August 27, 2007

The Creature in the Couch: Part II

We've spent the past few days avoiding the sofa, hoping that maybe if we ignored it for awhile, all signs of life inside it would go away. It usually works with smarmy men making unwanted advances, so why not with small house rodents?

We sort of got our wish last night.

With the clever use of our collective noses, my roommates and I confirmed the presence of a dead and decaying creature in our couch. blechhhhh. Again, we briefly freaked out and then bravely resolved to call an exterminator to go fishing for the dead in the squishy regions of the contaminated furniture. Come on, there was no way I was going to do that.

Thank the Good Lord Above for exterminators. The hero of the story came to the house this afternoon, somehow extricated what was left of the sofa beast AND found another expired intruder under the oven. I don't even know his name but he saved us from a fate worse than Alberto Gonzales' career.

Hopefully the story of rodents in my house is not one with three parts.

On a better note, I met the newest crop of business school students tonight! They were as eager to please as I was, just one year ago -- it was so great. I guess this officially makes me a big bad Second Year student. The Thursday night drinking fests known as IPOs start up next week. I'm not sure I'm properly prepared just yet ...


----------------
Now playing: John Legend - Slow Dance
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vanessa, I'm going to be in Washington D.C in a couple weeks and would love to see you... but I can't find your e-mail anymore!! E-mail me at denise_M_pritchett@raytheon.com if you can

Your Ex-Bostonian Roommate =)