Thursday, September 06, 2007

I can be so pathetic sometimes ... but don't tell anyone

There's something really wonderful about procrastination. Maybe it's the fact that my bedroom gets a thorough cleaning, my laundry gets washed, and my feet get a home spa pedicure when I'm procrastinating. Or maybe it's the workaholic "war stories" I can tell because I was up until 3am, writing a memo on NGO strategic management after networking with MBA students and posting a new blog entry. Eh, whatever it is, procrastination is a wonderful thing and it's because of procrastination that all of you are able to read something on The Lady V. Gosh, I haven't even had time to procrastinate since my last entry!

The new crop of MBA Kidz are alive and kicking. For now. Poor souls, they are so bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! I remember when I was like that ... before I felt like I had been run over by a truck and left in the middle of the road to be repeatedly crushed by passing vehicles before getting scraped up by a middle-aged, overweight man in blue overalls with a bad attitude.

Operation 2012 is also kinda feeling like a sputtering soul on its last legs. I've gone out a few times with a really great guy ... but we're running into a time management issue, it seems. This is what happens when two over-achievers get together, I guess. Oh, and there's been scant re-visiting from Ghosts of My Dating Past, so I feel like I'm officially moved on. But, Match.com is a bust. Seriously, I am the only Match user I know who hasn't gone on a single date! It's enough to make me curse Maya Angelou, whose disgustingly optimistic quote, "Have courage to trust love one more time. And always one more time" has been staring at -- no, taunting! -- me for months from one of those desk calendars that someone gives you when they can't think of anything else for a gift. Bah. I need to flip that calendar to a new quote. Too bad Angelou hasn't said much about the downfall of smarmy men and death to all romantic comedy films.

I need a vacation. Or at least a really great pick-me-up. Like a new pair of shoes! Except that I just spent a large chunk of change on books and school supplies. Bummer. I think I'll go and lose myself in a museum this weekend ... it'll be the third D.C. museum I've visited in a year!



----------------
Now playing: Chopin - Nocturne No 2 In E Major
via FoxyTunes

No comments: