Sunday, January 28, 2007

life's random

A compilation of random thoughts:

Penelope Cruz is a much better actress in her native tongue. I saw the latest Almodovar film, Volver, in which she stars and was blown away. While it's a quirky film, the female-focused characters are touching, strong and entertaining.

My state senator, Patricia Ticer, sits on two of the most interestingly named committees I've ever come across -- the subcommittee of penalties for dog attacks and the subcommittee on waste discharge permits. Um. Seriously, I'm not really sure I'd list those on my resume.

What does one do with 23 kindergarten children? I'm not sure, but I'm going to find out on Tuesday. As a new volunteer tutor for Heads Up DC, I will be working with an afterschool literacy program every Tuesday afternoon in southeast DC. Somehow, I got stuck as the only tutor to help a teacher with 23 kindergarten children. Oh. My. God.

Pythons eat dogs.

No comments: