Friday, September 28, 2007

Love in Bullet Points

While I seem to have stumbled upon a pretty fabulous guy to hang out with these days, I was reminded this week about how many swine I encountered before discovering one pearl (yeah, mixed metaphor, but whatever). Like the Metro worker who caught up with me on the escalator today and asked if I knew who Halle Barry is, because (and I quote) "she'd be real mad at you." I have no idea what that was supposed to mean but I'll chalk it up to the new pair of zebra print shoes that I was sporting. They're so hot, men can't think straight around them.

Then there was the man I'll call Stash, who cornered me at the bar on Monday. I had merely stopped in to see how much money we raised during my bartending adventure. J poured me a beer on the house (and a couple of follow-up shots) and Stash sauntered over for a chat. Since J was working, he couldn't come save me and I couldn't give out my fake bar name. Well, I was dumb enough to give him my generic email address. In my defense, this guy knows Derek Jeter because he was heading to Tampa to set up Jeter's home entertainment system, and he said he could score playoff tickets. (Hm. As I type this, I realize just exactly how entirely foolish I was to believe him ... but, hey, I haven't been to Yankee Stadium in ages!)

Anyway, Stash walked off with my generic email and sure enough, a few days later I had a note from him. I could just paraphrase it for you, but it's so much more entertaining in all of its over-the-top flattering, glaringly misspelled glory. Enjoy.

--------------------

Yes, you made quite an impact. It was certainly a pleasure meeting you at the bar Monday night. It was purely coincidence that we meet because I was suppose to finish my project Monday and leave that evening. in stead, we worked late and decided to finish Tuesday morning and grab a beer and a bite. I apologize for not presenting myself more appropriately. I needed a shave and I was sweating all day. I can assure you when we meet again you will notice a marked inmprovement.

Let's talk about you. You got it going on girl....let me explain. I was impresed in a few different areas.

- Intellect: You have a depth of intellect that captivates a listener
- Pay it forward: You have a very good sense of generosity in terms of giving back to society. We should all seek ways to improve civilization and one way is to support programs that help the overall general population. I am not a big fan of corporate America.
- Great Conversationist: You hold your own with interesting conversation and you promote good communication.
- YES... you are a Yankees fan. I am in Tampa as we I type. I will let you know how my week work out with the players. I will be able to invite you to his tournament in January as we progress our friendship.
World Traveler: I apprecite a world traveler because other regions open ones' mind while gaining understanding and respect for other cultures.

I can see taking a 10 hours flight with you and completely enjoying our conversation and having a wonderful time say, in Buenos Aires, Paris or anywhere.

I would like to take you to dinner and continue getting to know you as a person. I have a tentative meeting with a client in DC in the next 2 weeks. The actual date is flexible ( has to be a weekday) so let me know what works for you and you pick your favorite restaurant.

You seem to appreciate museums. That is why I have been to Paris over 10 times. I enjoy the museums, the sidewalk cafes, the vineyards in the region and the overall cosmopolitan atmosphere.

It is my hope that we can become good friends and I can take you one of your favored destinations. I love to travel and so do you. My future desires are: Hong Kong, Thailand, Buenos Aires, yes Dubai and maybe Bali or Shangli.

Keep in touch and tell me more about yourself or you can wait until we have dinner. I pride myself in being someone very open, generous, helpful and understanding. I believe in treating people right and maintaining friendships. All of my good friends will say nothing but positive things about me but I hoping you will find out on your own.
Good luck in scholl this week.

~Stash



----------------
Now playing: John Coltrane - Moment's Notice
via FoxyTunes

No comments: