Thursday, September 27, 2007

I must be insane ...

Somehow, I convinced myself that it would be a good idea to apply for a second internship while already working 10 hours a week and taking 5 classes.

Somehow, against all odds, I managed to actually get the job offer, which happens to be with a remarkable organization that does overseas investments in emerging markets. I couldn't say no. It's so perfect for me! Except that I'm pretty sure I'm not smart enough to work there. And I don't know a lick about financing projects in emerging markets ... hopefully the 300-page book I just borrowed from the library will save the day. Or least teach me enough to fake it.

Somehow, I have to survive working Monday and Wednesday days until classes from 5:10-9:40pm, working all day Tuesday, and working Thursday until class from 3-6pm, while juggling Net Impact and student government responsibilities, finding time for at least a couple IPOs, doing homework, and maybe even squeezing in a date or two with a rather fabulous new guy who makes me smile. A lot. In a blushing, giddy, I'm-laughing-at-your-jokes-because-they're-actually-witty-not-because-
I-have-to kinda way.

It's too bad that sleep truly is all it's cracked up to be.

----------------
Now playing: Iron & Wine - Sunset Soon Forgotten
via FoxyTunes

No comments: