Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Chalets and champagne

Don't know about you, but I'm a Firefox browser user. I love it. I love the little add-ons and gadgets. Like my weather gadget. It appears in the bottom part of my browser window and gives me the current temperature and the two-day forecast. Usually, there's a cute little icon -- you know, a shining sun, a rain cloud, a snowflake, etc.

Except I live in DC. And it's July in D.C. For the past two days, the icon has been a melting thermometer. And really, that's what it feels like. Every time I walk outside, whether it's 7am or 11pm, I'm convinced my flipflops are going to dissolve in the heat and I'm going to melt right into the sidewalk. It's so nasty humid here, I can't even put it into words.

Pleeeeease rescue me. I just need some fabulously wealthy and handsome man to steal me away to a chalet in the Swiss Alps, feed me chocolate and champagne for the next two and half months, and pamper me with full body massages until I feel like I'm going to melt into the pillowtop king sized bed draped in buttery smooth Egyptian cotton sheets. If you know of anyone who might fit the bill, drop me a line. Now that I'm thinking about it, handsome is optional. I'll settle for wealth. Desperate times ...

No comments: