Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Why Comcast is the spawn of the devil

My most recent phone conversation with Comcast (made from the office because my digital voice line keeps going out and I can’t use it to call them and tell them that my Internet is down)

Comcast: Thank you for calling Comcast. Please enter your 10-digit phone number

Me (dialing): beep bip beep bo beep beep beep bip bip

Comcast: Please enter your zip code

Me (dialing): bleep beep bip bip beep

Comcast: For trouble with your service, press 1; for billing, press 2; to transfer or downgrade your service, press 3

Me (dialing): Beep

Comcast: For security purposes, please enter your 10-digit phone number.

Me (speaking): What the eff? Didn’t I just do that? (dialing) beep bip beep bo beep beep beep bip bip

Comcast: Please enter your zip code.

Me: Seriously? (dialing) bleep beep bip bip beep

Comcast: To transfer your service, press 1…

Me (dialing): beep

Comcast: One moment. (series of bleeps)

Patricia, the Comcast lady: Thank you for calling Comcast. This is Patricia. How can I help you?

Me: I need to change the name on my Comcast account to my roommate.

Patricia: You need to go in person to your local billing station and fill out a form.

(I pause and wait for her to tell me where it is. She doesn’t)

Me: Can you tell me the phone number and address of the payment center?

Patricia: What city do you live in?

Me (thinking): Didn’t I just give you zip code TWICE?! (then, out loud) Alexandria, VA

Patricia: It’s at 508 D South Van Dorn St.

Me: And what’s the phone number?

Patricia: They don’t have a phone number because they don’t take calls.

Me: (thinking) Oh dear God in heaven above … (out loud) Ok. Can you please email me the form?

Patricia: No, we don’t have it electronically.

(I pause and wait for some kind of apologetic follow-up or explanation. She doesn’t give one).

Me: Ohhh-kay then. Um. Thanks?

Patricia: Sure, thanks for calling Comcast. Have a good day.

Me: I HATE YOU PEOPLE. (click)

No comments: