Tuesday, May 08, 2007

So close. So very very close.

Tomorrow is my very last final exam of my first year of business school.

I can't quite find the words to fit the occasion. I'm definitely relieved to be almost through the third level of hell, known as finals week, and I'm thrilled to have a great job lined up that will actually be paying me a livable wage. (ohhhh, Salary, I've missed you so).

But this is it for my first year of grad school. I'll never have this year again, never have this experience that I shared with so many people who became instant friends. And who, I hope, will become lifelong friends. The Cohorts will dissolve when the last person puts down his or her pencil tomorrow. We'll all have different classes next year, juggling part-time or full-time jobs, fewer group projects, no more study teams, and certainly won't be spending as much time in The Duck. Gosh, I'm gonna miss the Duck and its year-round frigid temperatures. I'm gonna miss fighting for breakout rooms with undergrads majoring in Sociology (they don't belong in our building!). I'm gonna miss my locker. I'm gonna miss roaming the halls and always finding friends the hidden cracks and crevices of the building.

Ah well. Life moves quickly and we need to keep up. Different doesn't equal worse. We may not have cohorts, but we'll always have the Gang of 100. We may not have study teams but we'll have happy hours! And of all the business schools that I've visited or researched, we have the tightest, coolest and best looking Gang out there. I doubt that will ever change.

No comments: