Sunday, March 25, 2007

Schizophrenia

A good friend of mine recently told me that my problem with men stems from the fact that I'm too bad for a good boy and too good for a bad boy. He says that because I'm a bit of a conundrum, I attract men that like both sides of me but therefore don't really know what they want. So, in the end, my relationships are doomed to failure.

Hm. While that insight might be depressing and true, I'd like to think that my love life will eventually have a happy ending! After all, I have at least 10 interested matches on this dating website I just joined :) On the other hand, I think back on how I spent my weekend and realize that my friend just might be onto something. I spent Friday night at home, exhausted after a full day of interviews and meetings. Then, spent eight hours on Saturday in a peace talk simulation (I played the Archbishop Jorge Rivada, thank you very much) and then, exhausted after that adventure, drank beer at home and did homework (instead of watching TV, which I've given up for Lent). Went to church this morning, helped a friend move, then went to wine/sex toy party and sampled products like "Nympho Niagra." (Hope those online matches turn into something worthwhile. Some of the purchases I made are definitely more fun with two people ... ) It was a busy, man-less weekend, what can I say?

If my friend is right, my problem is that I like both sides of me and don't really want to pick one over the other. I need spiritual nourishment and enjoy helping people. At the same time, who wants to give up beer, wine and sex toys?? Guess it'll just take a little longer to find that guy with the tarnished halo.

No comments: