Friday, March 02, 2007

Never fly out of Dulles Airport. Ever.

My United flight was scheduled to leave at 12:20pm.

And since Dulles is 40 minutes away from my house, it was cheapest to drive my car and leave it here for the weekend. When I finally got through security and rode the stupid white crackerbox on wheels to my gate, they switched gates on us.

So then I had to walk from the D gates to the C gates. And when we arrived, the plane was experiencing mechanical problems and wouldn't leave until 1pm. Then, the mechanical problems got worse and they delayed until 4pm. Plus, they overbooked the flight.

I figured, well, seeing as this day is going, there's a very small chance that the 4pm flight will take off on time. And if I have to be stuck here all day, I might as well get something out of it. I gave up my seat, got a free ticket, got booked on the 9:30pm flight and talked my way into the Red Carpet Club. Which, while it has free food, has a sucky internet connection.

And all this after I had to ride the parking lot shuttle, sitting across from a man in short shorts whose dingle-dongle was peeking out to see the world. No one wants to see that on a parking lot shuttle in the morning. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little, just thinking about it.

1 comment:

Andrew and Brooks said...

LOL........I LOVE reading your adventures! I am so glad that stupid stuff happens to someone else too! you should have called my family. They live 10min and you could have had even more adventure ;)