Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Waffle, anyone?

There have been a certain choices in my life that I regard as both wonderful risks and terrible mistakes. Usually, I can accept those past choices for what they were, and keep them as that -- in the past. I learn, I move on. It's just what I do.

But what happens when one of those choices unexpectedly resurfaces in the present? Do you regard it more as a risk or a mistake? It's one thing to look back and see the benefits and drawbacks as they were ... but it's another thing to live with that dichotomy in the present. After all, if the choice was a mistake, you either try to fix it now or you separate yourself from it, right? And if it was a worthwhile risk, you might have another go. At the very least, you tolerate its presence in your current life.

Of course, you can always choose to do nothing. Or stall. Which is what I think I'm doing .... Hooray for indecision!

No comments: