Friday, December 08, 2006

Pro/Con Analysis of WMATA

I love public transportation. I do. I love that there's a whole system of trains and buses that can transport me from Point A to Point B. I love that I don't have to pay for parking or fight for meters. I love that I can meet random people and watch random people on the train. I love that I can read through the first section of The Post on my ride to school. I love that signs tell me how long until the next train comes.

On the other hand, here's why I hate the D.C. Metro. It doesn't have a flat rate and you get charged differently depending on where you're going and when you're going there. The escalators and elevators only work about 80% of the time. It stops running at midnight during the week and 3am on the weekends. Random voices keep telling me "see it, say it." (WTF? Is anyone really going to "kindly ask" someone else "is that your bag?") And, most of all, it uses my hard earned loan money to pay for dumbass videos like this one.


1 comment:

Andrew and Brooks said...

You are so right! That is one of the dumbest videos I have EVER seen! The Metro kinda drives me crazy, but people who only use it occasionally love it! If only they knew!