Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Republicans are depressed today


Okay, so I might be an uber-politico-nerd, but it was rather fun and exciting to watch the Virginia senate returns last night. I was totally hooked -- and so glad that I registered and voted. For the first time in years, my vote actually mattered. Not that it was a waste of time to vote, but I was registered in Texas throughout college and then registered in Massachusetts afterwards. Neither one of those states will see a close national election anytime soon. (Although, the MA governor's race this year was electric!)

I'm mad at myself for not even thinking about heading out to the Capitol Hill bars to watch the returns. Gotta get used to being in WDC for these sorts of things, I suppose. I wonder what it was like over at Casa Blanca last night...

The moral of this year's midterm elections, though, is to watch out for those squirrels.

----
Editor's Note: Shoot, I totally forgot -- Britney's back on the market, kids.

No comments: