Monday, November 20, 2006

purple haze

One of my favorite sites is OneWord.com

The idea is that you get one word and 60 seconds to write something. It's a free-flowing exercise; you just write what's on your mind, on your heart. And it's fun to see what other people have written.

Today's word was BALLET.

Not something I generally have a close connection too but went with it anyway. Here's what I wrote:

dancing alone in graceful flowing movements. pink slippers that seem so delicate but show a toughness beyond. and yet what fragility exists in the dance. one fall and it's over. learn to follow, learn to co-exist, learn discipline and focus, learn to pick yourself up, to smile for the audience, to not look foolish, learn confidence and humility


It's funny how your subconscious can connect any two random items. I don't know much about ballet, but I know about performance. And I know about being strong and being fragile at the same time. I know about how one piece of news, one situation, one person can rattle you more than you ever imagined it would.

Doncha just hate when you can't run fast enough? you can move to a new city, find new friends, start a new life, make new memories to override the old ones and yet those pesky shadows from the past keep up with you. and not only do they slow you down, they make the present all fuzzy too.

No comments: