Monday, November 27, 2006

The Prom approaches


Yes, this is another shallow posting but I'm so tired. Tired of being admired, tired of love uninspired, let's face it, I'm tired...oh wait, that's Lili von Schtupp. Right then.

The latest Gang of 100 update -- the G Unit invaded my house last week for a potluck dinner and, I gotta say, the international students were the life of the party! By the end of the night, they were talking dirty, taking shots of beer out of the spoonrest on the stove, and acting all rowdy in the kitchen. No holding back! I love it. And once again, we successfully proved that many Chinese are missing the alcohol processing enzyme.

And the MBA prom is on Saturday. (yep, that's right. Prom. Or as the planners say, "The Winter Formal." There's some talk among the G Unit about getting corsages but I'm not sure if we'll actually go that far. Summer is pushing for it.) I've decided to wear the somewhat ho-ish red dress that has remained hidden in my closet for years because it's a tad too scandalous to wear to the church prom or business dinners. While the prospect of getting dolled up and finally putting this dress to use is appealing, it's most unfortunate that the conversion of hot dress to makeout session isn't likely. Most of the men in attendance will be Gang of 100 members or Elders, and the ones not in the program are only there because their women dragged them. Too bad. Maybe I'll wear the dress to an upcoming wedding ... since I have to go stag and hang out with the cutesy couples, I might as well try to add to the wedding hookup statistic. I don't think I've ever done that before. Not that hooking up with a stranger at a wedding is on my Top 100 List of Things to Do Before I Die, but it could be fun and at least make me feel happy face.

Speaking of happy face -- I gotta say that my sister always makes me smile. She arrived to Thanksgiving dinner with her hair all curled, highlighted in red, wearing a puffy black jacket with a fur-lined hood, a Roca-wear shirt, and talking on her Verizon chocolate phone. hee. I LOVE my sister!! And I get a kick over how different we are sometimes. She wants to move to Baltimore, I want to live in London or NYC. She loves living alone, I gotta have roommates. She's Rocawear, I'm Banana Republic. She just got a raise and a promotion, I'm still a broke grad student. hm.

Hope you all enjoyed turkey over the break!

No comments: