Friday, February 23, 2007

Gone with the wind

I left my house this morning without my keys. And didn't realize it until I got to school and tried to get into my locker, which I couldn't do since my locker key was at home with the rest of my keys. Yesterday, I left my house without my wallet and didn't realize until I made it halfway to the train station. Last night, I went to study accounting and couldn't find my textbook and had to borrow one from a nearby Gang member at 9:30pm, making me miss the second half of American Idol. I'm gonna go ahead and blame my absentmindedness on this head cold that I'm trying to shake off.

So here I am in Boulder, CO. After the past few days I've had, it's a wonder I made it here in one piece. I better pull it together in the next few hours though -- I'm here because my team made it past the first round of a Net Impact Business Case Competition and we're here to compete in the final round. We gonna kick some butt, as my kindergarteners would say. Not that we let them use such language without a reprimand. Of course, it's usually a reprimand given with a repressed grin -- it's so hard not to laugh when these little six-year-olds tug on your arm, show you a dried up a gluestick and say "Ms. V, this glue is all jacked up!"

1 comment:

David said...

I put the cheerios away in the fridge