Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Bring it on, Wintry Mix!

It's 1:26am and already schools have announced closings. I noticed three things:

1. My school isn't listed yet. But I still have hope! It's nice to know that the anticipation of a snow day doesn't fade even in graduate school. I'd try sledding too, if class were canceled, except that it's sleeting out there, not snowing.

2. Manassas Park City Schools have put employees on "Code Blue." What the heck does that mean? Initiate the phone chain? Make sure the crayons don't freeze? It's not like a man with a live bomb embedded in his body has rolled into the school on a stretcher...

3. City of Manassas is open with liberal leave. Um. I guess the conservatives have to work in this wintry mix. Sucks to be them.

Then again, maybe we should keep all schools open b/c our children r not gettin smarter & hafta use IM speak more than ever B4, so sez The Washington Post. TTYL.

No comments: