Sunday, September 03, 2006

Shoutout to the Canadians! (and Tracy)


I had to fly all the way out to Saskatoon, Canada, for my first-ever glimpse of two men running naked through a bar and falling twice on a beer-soaked floor. Who knew?

Many thanks go out to the Canadians who really showed the Americans a good time! Last weekend, 12 Yankees headed out to the Canadian plains to celebrate the marriage of two dear friends. It was a beautiful event and made all the more special because the bride and groom are so special to me. B&R -- hope you guys are enjoying Hawaii!

We were also treated to an action-packed few days. We sold Tim's tie for $100. We danced our asses off at the only Saskatoon bar open at 1am on a Sunday. We drank 25 cent shots.

And we marveled at the calm, generous and indefatigable spirit of our friend Tracy. Now, Tracy was the maid of honor/best friend of the bride at the aforementioned wedding -- that says plenty, doesn't it? But I just want to say that if I ever manage to find a guy who wants to marry me, I want a maid of honor like Tracy. I've never known a more bighearted person in my life. You could just tell that she kept everything together -- she brought the wedding dress from America and got detained by Canadian customs officers who tried to make her pay taxes on the gown. She made sure the Yankees were taken care of with hotels, car rides, etc. She made me cry during her toast and made me laugh afterwards because she had completely forgotten to show off the actual bread toast she had made that morning for the occasion. Most importantly, she did what she could to make the weekend stress-free for the bride.

I love having people in my life who inspire me to be a better me. Not a different me, just a better one. Thanks, Tracy. You truly are a woman "of noble character."

No comments: