Friday, November 09, 2007

The Weekend of Insanity Begins!

I've made it to Houston, finally, for my sister's wedding. And I'm just now beginning to realize the full extent of the INSANITY that will ensue over the weekend. (Background note: The craziness is mostly caused by the fact that my sister only got engaged a month ago. My mother now considers herself an expert in planning weddings in three weeks.)

For the amount of time that I've spent on the phone with my parents and my sister, there is a remarkable amount of information that has NOT been communicated to me. Like how my sister made an appointment on Friday morning at the same time I had scheduled our mani/pedi date. And how my mom went ahead and scheduled a mani/pedi at a different place and didn't tell me.

I also arrived to find out that I'm sharing a room with my grandmother for a night. She snores. Why doesn't anyone realize that I need to be prepped for these kinds of situations?! Seriously, the last thing one wants after coming halfway around the world and working 20-hour days is to unexpectedly share a room with someone whose mere breathing shatters windows.

Sigh.

So, stay tuned to the Lady V Prophecy. I'm going to do my best to blog as things unfold during the weekend. The rehearsal dinner is tomorrow night; the wedding on Saturday; Asians everywhere.

No comments: