Sunday, November 11, 2007

Finally

The craziness has subsided. Mostly.

My sister has a new last name and we now have the first Asiatino marriage in the family. There were plenty of Mexican and Asian jokes flying around today and I was thoroughly entertained to see the white folk look all confused and somewhat shocked.

Will write more about the details later -- last night, I had too many margaritas, which made getting up at 7am for hair and makeup royally difficult. And tonight, I'm tired right down to the very marrow of my body. Suffice it to say that the Asians came out in full form -- even bringing in a DVD of a 1987 apple picking trip with many of the families that my sister and I grew up with in Chicago. And we watched it on my parents' flat screen TV in surround sound. Need I really say more?

No comments: