Tuesday, April 24, 2007

I know what we're doing this summer

No matter how many celebrity-turned-philanthropists try to impress the world, Bono is still the king of using fame and pop culture for good. This time, he is partnering with American Idol to put the spotlight on the One campaign (an anti-poverty campaign, for those of you living under a rock). The man never ceases to amaze me in how continually finds new ways to capture attention and passion for his causes.

I also like how the One campaign allows you to put a "One" t-shirt on your online avatar .... hee.

On a different note -- I am sooooo over school. Totally and completely over it. I simply cannot wait to have a job again, earn a salary, and not deal with things like useless operations homework, brutal 12-page papers and three-hour exams. What was I thinking, enrolling in a three-year program!?! At least I get a reprieve over the summer -- this summer, I'm working for a prestigious $1B international development nonprofit in the strategy and finance group. Can't WAIT to get started. I wish I could be doing the same work overseas, but I just have to keep hoping that my time will come.

I gotta hand it to the Gang of 100 -- our folks are doing such exciting things this summer. We have students working for Google, The Washington Post, OPIC, Pfizer, the Department of the Interior, United Way, Urban Land Institute and so many more exciting organizations! And others who are working for less recognizable organizations will be doing exciting stuff in environmental policy, sustainable real estate, international relations and international development. I'm so proud to be a part of this group!

No comments: