Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A whole lotta nuthin'

Last Friday, I tried to call the Financial Aid office at MBA school because they sent me a tuition bill that didn't list the scholarships I received from the business school. Unfortunately for me, I was calling at 4pm on a Friday in August.

Okay, I fully understand that people don't like working on Friday afternoons. But if your office hours are posted , 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday, you should WORK those hours. If no one is working past 4pm on Friday, then just close the office and don't let people think you're actually working. I was on hold for 20 minutes and still no one picked up. I don't get it. I only got paid for 40 hours a week and freakin' Big Bad Red made me work until 8pm on Fridays sometime. And during the summer, we had to rotate the "Summer Hours Schedule" so that one person from your department was present until 5pm. Just as a side note, since I left Big Bad Red, one other person has resigned and word has it that others are leaving soon too. I love being a trailblazer. Heh.

So, I called Financial Aid back at 10am on Monday. I was on hold for more than 60 freakin' minutes, listening to the jazz station on speakerphone. And whaddaya know, when someone finally answered the phone, the person I needed to speak to wasn't in the office. Damn.

Meanwhile, the stresses of moving to another state are mounting. The post office, again, has screwed up my forwarding mail stuff; my landlord won't let me bring my cat and I have to find her a new home or bring her to a shelter; I can't find buyers for all my excess household stuff; I still have to pack; I have no male assistance to load up the moving truck on Friday; and my love life is still in the crapper.

At least the interns are having a potluck lunch tomorrow.

No comments: