Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Watch out Washington!

Welcome to Capitol Hill! In just two weeks in DC, I befriended a Hill staffer, who hooked me up with a tour of the Capitol yesterday and set me up on an upcoming White House tour. Nice. I met her at a BBQ, through a girl that I met in Boston at a going-away party, who was also moving to the DC area. The world works in crazy ways, eh?






There are only two statues of Honest Abe depicted without his beard. And both of them are in this building. He looks kinda sleepy in this one, doesn't he?

Did you also know that every state is allowed to have two statues displayed in the Capitol? The only requirement is that the statues must be made out of bronze or marble.












I had to ask the security guards on the roof to let me take these next two pictures.

After the tour, I thought it would be so fun to walk the length of the mall, take in some of the monuments and pass by the museums. I was mistaken. It took me 45 minutes in the afternoon heat to make it from the Capitol building to the GW campus.

My recommendation: don't do it. Ever.









Posted by Picasa

No comments: