Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Countdown to Bolivia

A hearty hello to you, the noblest and brightest of all! As promised, I herewith commit to you that I will blog my time in Bolivia with the Bolivian Street Children's Project. And since the trip preparations have been nearly as dramatic as I'm sure the trip itself will be, I'm starting early.

--------------------------------------

April 2, T minus 9: I put into motion the mysterious workings of air mile travel. Why spend $1000 to buy a cattle-class seat when I can blow all my miles from Big Red and fly like a true lady in first/business class? Unfortunately for me, I was 16,000 miles short of the cheapest plane ticket known to mankind from Boston to Bolivia. Hellooooo, Dad to the rescue!

Again, unfortunately for me, the uncooperative (and as I came to discover, rather incompetent)American Airlines agent couldn't trasfer or allow me to buy the miles for a whole host of reasons which nearly induced me to a deep slumber, so I won't share them with you. The best she could do was extend the hold on the ticket for another 24 hours and asked me to call back when there weren't tornadoes in the midwest. Right, then.

No comments: